Combat Enhancement Tech (CET)
This tech upgrades the strategic capabilities of the WarDN/CW//HDW/DW classes (including X tech versions of them) by optimizing their full war capabilities.
This tech only works if a SQ has its full allotment of ships for the empire's command rating (B1.105, B1.110, B1.115, B1.120). All of the ships in the squadron must be DNW, CW, HDW, and/or DW class ships (D17.40's limits still apply). If the squadron meets those requirements, these additional capabilities are available to it:
- Add 1xRX that cannot be used for MV, as a LOO's (D11.30d).
- Increase the chance for finding convoys/FT by +1 (F5.20, F5.110).
- Self repair is doubled to two (D3.10).
- Adds one ship (CW or DW) to the size of a CET SQ.
- Adds +1AF to every CW/DW class in a CET SQ.
- Allows DW to carry MRS and use it in a CET SQ (this is an exception to (D18.155c)).
- If a CET SQ ever falls below its full allotment of ships for the empire's command rating at the end of a turn (including the bonus slot granted above) it loses all CET benefits until such time as it gets under a full CAN.
- Existing ships have to be refitted to CET, until this is complete CET will not function. It costs 7EP/ship that qualifies. This is an exception to empire refit rates as, if it can be afforded, all existing ships that qualify can be refitted to CET in a single turn. Once tech is gained all ships get the tech (and increased cost). Cost +10% EPV for new construction of qualifying ships.
This tech is only available after a successful R&D project (D1.0) and has a YIS Y172
Generic Empire-- CW = 110EPV, CWL = 132EPV with a CAN of 7)
CWL,7xCW (+1 to searches, +1RX, SFB D9.7 of 2DF)
776EP (assumes 24% CWSY discount)
602EP (assumes 24% CWSY discount)