Star Fleet Battles
Universe 6 is run by Mike Incavo. It started in Y155 with ~13 players.
Campaign Universe 6
Current and historical maps for Universe 6.
Map Decoding Keys
Red hex- None of these (presently) exist in this campagin. So called "UnNav Space". This is an area of space that some unknown force did something nasty to. Only survey ships can enter it, and their movement is limited even there. With effort, they can survey it well enough to turn it into ...
Dark Grey hex- Unsurveyed space. This is space that most military ships can enter (except the "War" classes). With years of effort, survey ships can turn it into an income producing system, or with a few months of work a scout can just incorporate it into the empire.
White hex- Surveyed space (also known as "Open Space"). Most empires have areas of space that have minimal interesting "stuff" in them.
Light Grey hex- Surveyed space with a trade route in it. This is a major convoy route in it. Think of this as a part of the USA's Interstate system. Some areas are flyover country, others have even more interesting things in them.
+ - A hex with a "+" in it contains a minor system. They produce some income and with further investment can be upgraded into... All/Most also have the hex number in them as well.
O - A hex with an "O" in it has a major system. These systems produce much more income than a minor system. All/Most also have the hex number in them as well.
* - If there is a base in the Open Space hex, it will be shown with this symbol. Exactly what type of base it is you'll have to get near enough to figure out.
Green hex- These are large radiation zones. They are not intense enough to be harmful to organic life, but they interfere with sensors, minefields, and cloaking devices.
dot on a hex spine- A hex spine with a dot in it represents a minefield.
Solid line on a hex spine- A hex spine with a solid line along it is a border.
Lines in the middle of a hex - This is a front line as two empires slug it out.
To borrow a phrase from another Sci-Fi show "And So it Begins"- player empires include:
- Jindarians (two factions)
NPC empires include :
- DD44 - On UFP Border
- AA37 - In the UFP Neutral Zone
- X38 - In the UFP Neutral Zone
- T34 - In the UFP Neutral Zone
- R38 - In the UFP Neutral Zone
- T44 - In the UFP Neutral Zone, attacked by the Gorns
Very Minor empires (1-2 systems)-
- Flivver (HH31) - joining the FRAX
- Irdani (T29) - Lyran protecotrate
- Vudar (Q26, S28)
- Ymatian (J27, H25)
- Maesron (N31, M29) - Klingon Subject Race
- Qixa (T45)- requested membership in Romulan Star Empire, contested by Gorns
- Loriyill (GG55)
- Alundra (BB56 and Z56) - becoming an ISC member species?
- Barbarians (N36, M36)
- CC38 - WYN Cluster- Visitors Not Welcome!
Minor empires (a few systems)-
- Sigviron (GG27, EE25, DD26)
- LDR (S21, T23, V22) - breathing some methane, but still clawing
- Carnvion (near PP39)
- Paravians (P45, Q50, R48, S50, S52)- joining the Canadi'ens
- Drex (GG61, FF60, FF61) - playing with the Jindarian Federation